Inspired by CrunchBang Linux.
My pre-installation notes:
- Super-t for a terminal
- sudo abinstall
- set up the clock
- prep the HDD
- configure (root pass, add a user)
- install GRUB
- sudo passwd root or the default password is 'root'.
- The installer does this.
- Couldn't delete an old ldlinux.sys off of my USB, so I reformatted (ext2), which took a long time.
- failed to find the usb when booting
- safe mode also fails
ArchBang 2011-02-04 i686
Waiting 30 seconds for device /dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_201102 ...
- Looks and feels good.
- Simple and somewhat 'simple' (nearly retarded) text install.
- Had to not bother with any of my data partitions, it was too retarded. I'll do that in fstab manually. Editing fstab was easily done with the installer.
- No 'user' group was made.
- Console root login tries to launch X.. what the fuck?
- creating a new user does nothing, no setup. I had to edit ~/.initrc to add openbox. So this needs serious tweaking!
- ~/.xsession and ~/.xinitrc
- my first pacman -Sy wine needed an upgrade, then pacman-db-upgrade
- pacman doesn't fucking resolve dependencies?!?!
- gnome-packagekit doesn't actually install anything GUI .. what the fuck is going on?
Checking out CTKArch.