I was getting frustrated with Unity Linux (I can't update or my audio will break, fuck PulseAudio) and I wanted to experiment with a bunch of other Linux distributions. Every time I do something like this I get burned time and time again either by obvious bugs or random incompatibility.
- Unity Linux - just slapping some old notes here for now.
- Arch Linux 2010.5
- Failed because it's far too annoying to set up and lacks an official GUI package manager frontend.
- Slax 6.1.2
- Couldn't boot into it. I gave up pretty easily.
- Salix 13.1.1 (LXDE installation disk)
- Couldn't get my final tools to work.
- Lubuntu 10.10
- Impressed, for the most part. Issues with my headset, forced to use the mic on my webcam.
- All the tools I need work. Missing gtk 1.2, so one critical application won't work. Bah. [update: a user out there provided it so I got it working!]