See also World of Warcraft AddOns via repositories (a bad idea)
My intention is to list all the addons I use, but from the perspective of problems being solved. So there will be questions, each with the solution I currently use and any other solutions and comments I may have.
This will only be a master list with brief summaries. When I complete a review for any particular item, that review will become a new page and the entry in this list will link to it.
I link to curseforge/wowace directly, and not curse.com. This is so that any projects which go "inactive" will still have a valid link. I also use the curseforge/wowace subscription feature to email me updates.
I prefer curseforge/wowace over wowinterface when a project exists on both places. This is generally because actual development files (e.g. an svn/git repository) are on curseforge and I can do a nice daily file change email notification on curse. It's certainly nothing to do with getting a free premium account. Seriously, I don't know what premium actually does anyways.
AddOns will be listed with the name as it is on its project page. For every addon I will also list the actual folder names underneath, if they're different. Then I'll list all the embedded libraries. Lastly any non-embedded dependencies, patch information or other notes. If for some reason there are embedded libraries or dependencies which themselves have dependencies, I'll list those too.. (eww)
- I may have missed some loose libraries in the root of the addon folder.
- I may have done too-aggressive search/replace on some library names, removing dots. Whoops.
- Lib Data Broker addons will generally have these dependencies: CallbackHandler-1.0.lua, LibDataBroker-1.1.lua, LibStub.lua
- I trust tekkub enough to not worry about having many addons all with these libraries embedded. Everyone else, however, not so much. I hope everyone was using the proper version/revision of the libraries.
- Ace has a crapload of libraries. That's the whole point. You'd think that all the addons using the same name of library wouldn't be an issue, but apparently there are subtle differences in many addon's embed of ace or other libraries. I don't know what impact that has. I ranted on why embedding addon libraries is stupid.
To make this more manageable, I broke the list down into rough categories.
These pages have been updated with all my current addons, but they are still pretty unpolished and contain a lot of old notes and old addon references.
- World of Warcraft UI addons
- World of Warcraft character information addons
- World of Warcraft social addons
- World of Warcraft travel addons
- World of Warcraft combat addons
- World of Warcraft questing and grinding addons
- World of Warcraft tradeskill addons
- World of Warcraft inventory addons
- World of Warcraft merchant addons
- World of Warcraft meta addons
- World of Warcraft misc addons
- World of Warcraft class-specific addons